1. Ministry of Finance (MOF)
2. Population of South Tangerang City
The City of South Tangerang is strategically located near the nation’s capital, Jakarta, and has enjoyed the rewards brought about by economic growth particularly on infrastructure development, such as the Soekarno–Hatta International Airport. The local government, however, has not actively developed its own pipeline of developmental projects with the private sector and with the rapid urbanization and increasing population at the rate of 3.5% annually, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) has sought the assistance of ADB.
ADB will support the City of Tangerang through its Asia Pacific Project Preparation Facility (AP3F) by providing technical assistance to strengthen institutional capabilities on project preparation. Specifically, the Ministry seeks assistance on the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of a new waste treatment facility in the City. The plant is envisioned to treat 800 tons of waste on a daily basis.
- Defining the optimal PPP structure for the development of the Project
- Preparing and tendering the Project to attract competitive offers from investors and reach commercial and financial close within the shortest possible time frame
- Increasing South Tangerang’s capacity on PPP structuring and implementation
By Q4 2021, signing of the PPP Concession Agreement for the delivery of the Solid Waste Management Project in the City of South Tangerang