1. PPP Development Center (PPPDC)
2. Small and Medium Business Development Agency (SMBDA)
3. Ministry of Economy (MOE)
4. Ministry of Finance (MOF)
The PPP Development Center (PPPDC) was created under the auspices of the Small and Medium Business Development Agency (SMBDA) to institutionalize the agency’s mandate to encourage the participation of the private sector in the implementation of infrastructure projects based on the principle of public and private sector partnership.
For its part, PPPDC has earmarked AZN 1.36 million for its Project Development Facility – a revolving fund for the preparation of market ready and viable PPP projects. The Facility will cover the cost of engaging experts to provide capacity building related assistance on project preparation, guidance in the management of the bidding process for solicited projects and further assistance that may be required to achieve financial close.
In support, ADB will provide assistance through its Asia Pacific Project Preparation Facility (AP3F) covering three capacity building activities.
- To help establish PPPDC’s activities through staff training, preparation of guidelines on the management and utilization of the PDF, PPP project screening and selection (based on legal, social and environmental, economic, technical and financial criteria as well as assessment of risk and affordability) and on identifying a pipeline of priority PPP projects based on SMBDA’s Priority Sectors;
- To help PPPDC develop its website and incorporate the PPP Monitor, SOURCE and APMG PPP Certification Program guidance material (the “PPP Guide”) to its website. To make optimal use of the website’s various features, this activity will start once a project pipeline has been developed; and
- Conduct capacity building training on PPP development cycle for the implementing ministries and agencies to be recommended by SMBDA through the APMG PPP Certification Program syllabus, and the completion of full CP3P Certification training for selected staff of PPPDC. It is expected that up to 10 persons (including focal person from key line ministries) will seek full certification in the english language.
By end of 2021,
- Pipeline of priority PPP projects published
- Project Proposals for at least three projects approved
- IPAR prepared for five projects